Lead Infant Teacher
Position Type:Infant Toddler Teacher
Organization Name:Little Green Tree House
Job Location:City of Chicago downtown
In order to apply for this position, and for a complete list of job openings, go to littlegreentreehouse.com, and click “Join our Team” on the home page. Instructions for applying, as well as a list of open positions at both of our locations, are listed here.
Compensation:Salary based on experience. Annual sick time, vacation days, and paid holidays, as well as tuition reimbursement.
Type 04 Certification required:No
Little Green Tree House, Chicago's first eco-friendly early childhood center, is seeking a vibrant and passionate infant lead teacher. Come join our team of passionate educators as we strive to build strong connections with children, families, and our world. Our school focuses on high-quality instruction and our employees are competent and comfortable implementing a creative, theme-based curriculum.
This is a full time, year-round position. Our infant teachers are passionate about working with young children and designing engaging learning environments for the very smallest children at our center. They are responsible for caring for the day to day needs of infants while also managing a classroom team and maintaining excellent relationships with parents.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Providing a safe, warm environment where infant needs are met and development is fostered.
• Creating and implementing developmentally appropriate lesson plans and maintaining
• Parent communication via face-to-face, daily records, phone calls, and emails.
• Managing classroom staff, such as assistant teachers and classroom aides.
• Maintaining a fun, safe and healthy environment.
• Meeting & following requirements of Licensing agencies.
• Professional interactions with children, parents and co-workers.
• Must have a completed Bachelor's degree in Education, Child Development, Family Consumer Studies, or a related field with at least 12 credits of early childhood coursework.
• Previous experience working with infants required.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.