PRESCHOOL EXPANSION TEACHER (TYPE 04 Endorsement)
Position Type:Preschool Teacher
Organization Name:Through A Child’s Eyes Early Childhood Center
Job Location:City of Chicago South of Eisenhower
Mail resumés to:
Director of Early Education Services
5330 W. 35th St.
Cicero, Il. 60804
E-Mail resumés to: email@example.com or FAX resumés to: 708-222-1862
Sorry, no phone calls are allowed.
Type 04 Certification required:Yes
This is a contractual position (yearly). Program follows District #99 school calendar regarding winter, spring and summer breaks. Some of the duties are listed below.
This employee is responsible for leading students and their families toward fulfillment of their potential in the various areas of development: Social/Emotional, Cognitive, Gross/Fine motor and Language development.
Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with parents and staff concerning the social, emotional, cognitive, physiological and maturational growth of each individual child.
Develop and implement daily lesson plans using teaching strategies GOLD that meet the developmental, social, emotional and intellectual needs of all children in the classroom including individualization. Implement and align the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards when creating lesson plans.
Set up and maintain a classroom environment which fosters learning, including regularly rotating materials in the various learning centers. Ability to maintain classroom environment in a clean and organized manner.
Communicate weekly with parents on their children’s progress through a weekly progress report either verbally or in writing. Conduct 2 Parent/Teacher conferences a year. Meet with parents when needed.
Collecting anecdotal notes and portfolio items to assess children’s development and show work samples to their families.
Making provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested.
Ability to complete necessary paperwork such as lesson plans, parent/teacher conference forms, etc. in a timely manner.
Ability to refer children for a full evaluation should there be any concerns.
Ability to quickly interact with children in a positive manner to diffuse any issues that may occur. Ability to assist children in using positive words to resolve conflict.
Knowledge of DCFS, ISBE, ExceleRate Illinois and NAEYC standards.
Communicate with co-teacher to ensure the safety, health and well-being of the children.
1. Illinois Professional Educator License with a Type 04 endorsement.
2. B.A. or higher in Early Childhood Education.
3. Experience working with young children.
4. Il. Gateways ECE credential or ability to obtain credential within 1 year.
5. Physical constraints required include the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, the ability to see and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses, to speak and be understood under normal circumstances, to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds, and the use of arms, hands, legs and feet with or without corrective devices to accomplish the job, including evacuation of the building during emergencies.
6. Ability to respond immediately to any emergency situation.
7. CPR/First Aid certified before employment begins.
8. Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
1. Experience working with economically disadvantaged children.
2. Experience with recognizing potential developmental delays in children.
3. Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred but not necessary).
4. Experience working with various cultures outside of one’s own.
Upon offer of employment, must complete all forms related to hiring, including Through A Child’s Eyes employment application, completed medical form, employment status, and 3 letters of recommendation. In addition, must complete all DCFS forms, including a Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting and a Child Abuse and Neglect Background Check.
The Preschool Expansion program is a new program funded by the Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development and the Illinois State Board of Education. Position is available at our newly built Early Childhood Center!
THROUGH A CHILD’S EYES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER