Position Type:Assistant Teacher
Organization Name:McCormick Tribune Children Services
Job Location:City of Chicago North of Eisenhower
Apply for this job Online: https://careers-ymcachicago.icims.com/jobs/5140/assistant-teacher/job
Type 04 Certification required:No
Job ID: 2013-5140
Center: McCormick Tribune Children Services
Address: 1834 N Lawndale Ave, Chicago IL
Type: Regular Part-Time
Hours per Week: 25
Variable Schedule: 9:00am to 2:00pm Mon-Fri
Under the direct supervision of the Child Care Site Director, the Assistant Teacher assists the teacher to provide a safe, structure, and nurturing learning environment for each enrolled child.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist the Teacher to plan and implement developmentally and educationally appropriate experiences for children based upon individual and group needs, within the guidelines of the identified curriculum
- Assist in the evaluation and reporting on each child's progress through observation recordings, early childhood screenings, and developmental assessments
- Assist in the maintenance of educational records on each child as required
- Assist in implementing activities and modeling behavior that is reflective of N.A.E.Y.C. and Head Start performance standards
- Encourage and support parent development through classroom volunteerism, home centered activities, home visits, parent/teacher conferences, and participation in parent development activities and meetings
- Observe and respect issues of confidentiality, ethics and best practices of the Early Childhood profession, and mandatory reporting guidelines of the Abuse and Neglect Child Reporting Act
- Maintain required program records in conformance with YMCA procedures, funding source and program performance standards, and applicable licensing and accreditation standards.
- AA in Child Development/ ECE, ElDE, EC Special Education
- Must have 1-3 years experience working in a child care program preferably with children 6 weeks - 5 years old. (this requirement may be fulfilled through a practicum or student teaching)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate basic reading, writing, and communication skills at a level consistent with entry into college training programs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Employment is subject to a background check.