If interested please submit your updated cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Director shall be responsible for the day to day operation and instructional leadership at the Child Care Center. Supervises staff and oversees staff development, sets instructional objectives, and works to build a rapport with parents.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manage day-to-day activities at the Child Care Center consistent with the mission and established goals, policies and procedures.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Develop academic programs.
- Monitor students and teachers for progress.
- Train, encourage, and mentor teachers and other staff.
- Manage career counseling.
- Administer record keeping.
- Supervise teachers, aides and other support staff.
- Maintain good rapport with parents.
- Handle tours and marketing.
- Prepare budgets and annual reports.
- Work actively with teachers to maintain high curriculum standards.
- Formulate mission statements.
- Establish performance goals and objectives.
- Explain or answer procedural questions.
- Hire, train, and evaluate teachers.
- Visit classrooms and observe teaching methods.
- Examine learning materials.
- Review instructional objectives and adjust accordingly.
- Meet with other administrators, parents, and community organizations.
- Follow all agency policies and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned
Center Support Staff
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in Early Child Development, Early Childhood Education plus 5 years’ experience as Director and/or administrator in a Child Care Center.
- Strong knowledge of State-wide programs.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, and communication skills required.
- Must be able to lead a team, supervise personnel, and manage all aspects of center activities, while maintaining positive interactions with the agency and funders.
- Must demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of child development, developmentally appropriate practice, and how to incorporate these into the operation of a high-quality child development center.
- Must have prior experience managing budgets, providing training to adults, and working with young children.
- Must be able to work well within a culturally diverse environment with the ability to handle situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to operate computers and use software applications required.
This is a full-time exempt position
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER