Curriculum/Site Coordinator - Preschool Expansion Program
Email resumés to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR FAX to: 708-222-1862
Location of open position:
5330 W. 35th St.
Cicero, IL. 60804
Sorry, no phone calls are allowed. Only resumés with required qualifications will be considered.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Early Education Services, will be primarily responsible for the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of the Early Childhood Program curriculum, assuring standards for DCFS, ISBE, Excelerate Illinois and Through A Child’s Eyes (TACE) are being met. The instructional leader will support classroom education staff (teachers and teacher assistants) to refine their practices, improve instructional quality and achieve mastery as early childhood professionals using the Creative Curriculum and GOLD Assessment tools. In addition, will serve as acting director when the Director of Early Education Services is not on-site at TACE Early Childhood Center.
1. Directly supervises 5 Teachers and 5 Teacher assistants assuring all of the positions responsibilities are being met on a timely basis and program activities are creative, enjoyable and/challenge each child's developmental level. Completes required annual employee evaluations.
2. Reviews lesson plans and provide support to classroom education staff in creating lesson plans that are faithful to the curriculum and developmentally appropriate. Ensure that lesson plans align with the Illinois Early Learning Standards.
3. Follows up to make sure child observations are entered in a timely manner.
4. Provides support in terms of mentorship, reflective supervision and looking at professional development opportunities to meet staff needs. Coordinate teacher training and professional development on selected curricula.
5. Collaborate with classroom education staff to develop individual professional development plans for each staff member.
6. Reports any suspicion of child abuse/neglect to Director of Early Education Services.
7. Participates in recruitment, interview, selection and orientation of Early Childhood staff. Is aware and follows TACE’s policies as it relates to Confidentiality Law, the Child Abuse and Neglect Act & American's with Disabilities Act.
8. Meets regularly with Director of EES for supervision and support, updating staff/program issues/concerns and providing recommendations.
9. Conduct regular observation in all assigned classrooms and maintain records.
10. Identify resources and materials that will support instructional quality and integrate them into program practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in child development or early childhood education and Illinois Professional Educator License with a Type 04 endorsement. Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience as an early childhood educator and experience as a coach or supervisor of educators preferred.
• Commitment to supporting at-risk families.
• Cultural and linguistic competency appropriate to service area.
• Il. Gateways ECE credential or ability to obtain credential within 1 year.
• Physical constraints required include the ability to hear the conversational voice, with or without a hearing aid, the ability to see and read newsprint with or without corrective lenses, to speak and be understood under normal circumstances, to lift and carry children and other items weighing up to 50 pounds, and the use of arms, hands, legs and feet with or without corrective devices to accomplish the job, including evacuation of the building during emergencies.
• Ability to respond immediately to any emergency situation.
• CPR/First Aid certified before employment begins.
• Documentation of U.S. citizenship or eligibility to work in the U.S.
• Experience working with economically disadvantaged children.
• Experience with recognizing potential developmental delays in children.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Experience working with various cultures outside of one’s own.
Upon offer of employment, must complete all forms related to hiring, including Through A Child’s Eyes employment application, completed medical form, employment status, and 3 letters of recommendation. In addition, must complete all DCFS forms, including a Criminal Background Check, Fingerprinting and a Child Abuse and Neglect Background Check.
The Preschool Expansion program is a new program funded by the Governor’s Office of Early Childhood Development and the Illinois State Board of Education. Position is available at our newly built Early Childhood Center!
THROUGH A CHILD’S EYES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER