Position Type:Lead Teacher
Organization Name:Kiddy Kare Preschool and Kindergarten
Job Location:City of Chicago South of Eisenhower
Type 04 Certification required:Yes
Kiddy Kare Preschool and Kindergarten serves children on the southwest side of Chicago and we are looking for qualified people to join our team at one of our 6 locations. We are looking for early childhood educators who are seeking to start a career with a company who has built a great reputation for over 30 years. We have positions open for both full-time and part-time employment. Bilingual in Spanish is a plus but it is not required.
The Lead Teacher is responsible for implementing the education program within the classroom. The Lead Teacher should ensure that all activities are developmentally appropriate and coincide with Kiddy Kare’s philosophy. The Lead teacher is to follow the standards mandated by federal, state and local agencies which are in place to assist in meeting the needs of the whole child.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate lessons and actives
- Create age appropriate goals for each child and strive to assist them in meeting goals
- Observe and assess each child’s development
- Ensure that all confidential information is protected
- Develop and maintain educational information on each child
- Establish and maintain a classroom which is orderly and a safe place for children to learn and explore
- Maintain accurate attendance records
- Participate in developing a professional development plan and participating in professional development workshops and seminars
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) with an Illinois Types 04 Certification
- Associates degree in Early Childhood or Child Development