Position Type:Lead Teacher
Organization Name:YMCA Rauner Children Services
Job Location:City of Chicago South of Eisenhower
Apply for this job Online: https://careers-ymcachicago.icims.com/jobs/6102/master-teacher/job
Type 04 Certification required:Yes
Job ID: 2014-6102
Center: Rauner Children Services
Address: 2700 S Western Ave, Chicago IL
Type: Regular Full-Time
Hours per Week: 40
Variable Schedule: Mon- Fri 8:00am-5:00pm
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement weekly lesson plans based on an identified child-centered curriculum and consistent with developmentally appropriate early childhood principles and practices.
- Evaluate and report on each childs progress through observation recordings, early childhood screenings, and developmental assessments; maintain educational records on each child as required.
- Encourage and support parent development through classroom volunteerism, home centered activities, home visits, parent/teacher conferences, and participation in parent development activities and meetings.
- Maintain professionalism in attire and demeanor
- Observe and respect issues of confidentiality, ethics and best practices of the Early Childhood profession, and mandatory reporting guidelines of the Abuse and Neglect Child Reporting Act.
- Maintain required program records in conformance with YMCA procedures, funding source and program performance standards, and applicable licensing and accreditation.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Type 04 Certification and 3 months to 1 year of experience
- Exceptionally good writing oral, and communication skills
- Some knowledge and use of computer
- Previous experience working in child care setting w/children 6 weeks - 5 years
- Some knowledge of Creative Curriculum
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Employment is subject to a background check.