Position Type:Preschool Teacher
Organization Name:Through a Child's Eyes Pre-Kindergarten Program
Job Location:Suburbs South of I-88
Type 04 Certification required:Yes
- Under the direct supervision of the Pre-K Director, the Teacher provides a safe, structured, and nurturing learning environment for children enrolled in the Pre-K program.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Patience, maturity, respect and a love of preschoolers.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Experience working with prekindergarten children.
- Responsible for Planning, Screening, Assessments and Reporting.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Be familiar with IDCFS, NAEYC and ISBE standards.
- Be familiar with Creative Curriculum and GOLD assessment tool.
- Develop and implement weekly lessons.
- Conduct 2 Parent/Teacher conferences a year.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Assess children’s mental health by using the ASQ-SE.
- Hold a current (or is willing to get) CPR/First Aid certification.
- Provide leadership to the classroom assistant and volunteers using their talents and skills to enhance the quality of learning.
- Ability to work in a multicultural, interdisciplinary environment.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Ability to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Ability to relate effectively with parents and children.
- Maintain professionalism in attire and demeanor.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Must be computer literate.
- Symbol;mso-ansi-language:EN"> Experience working with various cultures outside of one’s own.
- Symbol;mso-fareast-language:EN-US"> Reports to work on time, maintains consistent attendance, adhering to staffing schedules and demonstrating flexibility to adjust work schedules as needed for program needs.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding children and program information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Education or higher.
- Illinois certification in Early Childhood Education: Type 04
- Pass the DCFS Background Check.
- Initial health examination that includes screening for tuberculosis to assure no significant risk to the health and safety of others.
- Spanish speaking is not a necessity but a plus! line-height:18.0pt;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo2;tab-stops:list .5in">Only resumes with the required credentials will be considered.