Position Type:Lead Teacher
Organization Name:YMCA North Lawndale Children Services
Job Location:City of Chicago South of Eisenhower
Apply for this job Online: https://careers-ymcachicago.icims.com/jobs/5797/teacher/job
Type 04 Certification required:No
Job ID: 2013-5797
Center: First Lutheran Children Services
Address: 3449 W Arthington St, Chicago IL
Type: Regular Full-Time
Hours per Week: 40
Variable Schedule: Mon- Fri 8:00am-5:00pm
Under the direct supervision of the Child Care Site Director, the Teacher provides a safe, structured, and nurturing learning environment for children enrolled in a YMCA child care program.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Plan, implement and evaluate a child care program consistent with policies developed by the YMCA Child Development Center.
- Follow criteria defined by the DCFS, DHS Child Care Performance Standards and the N.A.E.Y.C.A. performance standards.
- Evaluate and report each child's progress through observation recordings, early childhood screenings, and developmental assessments.
- Maintain educational records on each child as required.
- Encourage and support parent development through classroom volunteerism, home centered activities, home visits, parent/teacher conferences, and participation in parent development activities and meetings.
- Provide supervision and direction to child care staff assigned to the classroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in CD/ECE or related field w/18 credit hours in ECE.
- 1-3 years of work experience with 3-5 year olds in child care or classroom setting.
- Must have first Aid, CPR and a Food Service Sanitation certification, or the willingness to obtain it immediately.